Summer is finally here and you are probably thinking about your next summer gateway. What should you do if you are an eco-conscious tourist? BluChi Charters in Key West have got you covered if you want to explore the world without damaging the environment.
So what should you do when you are looking to go on a holiday with an eco-conscious mind? Here are a few tips to help.
Visit Protected Sites
● Try to visit any destination that is protected or are World Heritage sites. And while you are out there, try to come up with activities that are related to any conservation projects. This will help generate revenue for conservation projects.
Don’t Overburden Yourself With Luggage
● When traveling, try to limit your luggage to things you absolutely need. Everything else will be found wherever you are going. This will become a burden for you and will likely become a waste for the place where you are going.
Best of all, if you go light, you can return with a lot of luggage from your destination!
● Before going to your destination, make sure to learn as much as you can about it. In this day and age, the internet is your best friend. You can read articles, posts, reviews, and even talk to people who have already been to the destination to learn more about it.
This will help you understand about the destination and you will be able to plan ahead.
Work With Reputable Tour Operators
● Find a tour operator that contributes to the local conservation efforts. If you are traveling to Key West, get in touch with BluChi Charters. We have ecotours in Key West as well as other tours to help make your holiday an enjoyable time.
Book a Nature-Friendly Accommodation
● Regardless of where you are heading, always book a nature-friendly accommodation. Don’t listen to hotels that say they have eco-friendly features on their website. Ask them directly about their environmental policy and see if they have implemented any water and energy-saving measures in their hotel.
Also, don’t forget to ask if they contribute to local conservation efforts. Only go for accommodations that satisfy all your questions with proof.
For more information on eco-friendly tours, get in touch with BluChi Charters today. We love to have people who are environmentally conscious. We have the right-minded people to be your partner on your tour.